Learn more About Us at Stirling Highland Games, Stirling’s leading annual cultural outdoor sporting event.
Stirling now offers visitors a mix of traditional highland games competitions; a market traders area with crafts and arts; a food and drink experience showcasing producers from throughout Scotland; on-site heritage walking tours; an activities challenges area for the kids including an overseas visitors race around the track. We believe our tourism destination event has something for everyone to enjoy including being one of the most affordable day outs in Stirling.
STIRLING HIGHLAND GAMES COMMITTEE
The Stirling Highland Games committee consists of a team of volunteers, each looking after a part of the event on the day and each with their own responsibilities.
We have a dedicated volunteer steward base and welcome new volunteers to join us and become part of our friendly team.
AN OFFICIAL SCOTTISH HIGHLAND GAMES
The Scottish Highland Games Association [SHGA] is the sports governing body for Scottish Highland Games. The organisation was established in 1947 as the Scottish Games Association, with the general aim to further the cause of Highland Games, a goal they still work to today. They are recognised by the UK & Scottish Governments as the official sports governing body and they work at a strategic level on behalf of member Highland Games.
Stirling is one of about 60 official member highland games of the SHGA:
- The SHGA is an organisation comprising elected representatives of Highland Games from each region in Scotland
- The SHGA serve over 60 member events across the country
- The SHGA maintain and develop a legacy of Highland Games traditions that date back over a thousand years
- SHGA members exemplify all that is best about good competition and sportsmanship
- Over 500 athletes compete at SHGA events throughout the year
- The SHGA stage well over 1,000 competitions at events across the season
- SHGA members provide quality entertainment and suspense for over 150,000 spectators
- SHGA members’ events payout prize funds in excess of £¼ million annually
- The SHGA handle enquiries from around the world about Highland Games and members’ events
- SHGA member Highland Games contribute over £20million annually to local economies (Scottish Exec, Feb’07)
- The SHGA print a new edition of the SHGA Yearbook annually, the Highland Games almanack
SUPPORTING THE THIRD SECTOR
Stirling Highland Games is delivered by Ceangail CIC, an experienced events company whose social aim is to provide young people with a practical learning experience as part of our Charity Partner, Ceangail Training Academy SCIO, Into Series training programmes.